American Express lounge access memberships are among the favorite choices of travelers who are fond of making the most of their time at airports. If you too are pissed off from waiting in long queues and spending time in overcrowded airport terminals before catching your flight, you can opt for an American Express airport lounge membership plan.
Along with operating its own lounges at various airports, American Express has also collaborated with other lounges. Thus, you can register for a suitable Amex card membership to access the same.
This membership lets you enjoy your time in a serene environment before you take off to your destination. Whether you are traveling with your family and kids or you are traveling for a business purpose, you can use modern amenities at Amex lounges.
This detailed article will guide you through everything you need to know about making the best use of these lounges.
American Express Platinum Lounge Access
Platinum card is among the most famous American Express cards available for lounge access. It is considered as one of the prestigious and exclusive credit cards. You can enjoy complimentary access to more than 1400 lounges located at airports in around 140 countries.
These are the own lounges of American Express, Centurion Lounges, Escape Lounges, other partner lounges such as Delta Sky Clubs and Lufthansa Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, Virgin Clubhouses, and Plaza Premium lounges. Access to partner lounges may depend on the condition that you need to fly with the related airline.
All these lounges serve as a zone of peace and relaxation for travelers, offering a range of amenities. You can enjoy cozy seating, complimentary food and beverages, high-speed Wi-Fi connection, and shower facilities. These are suitable for both vacationers and business travelers.
Platinum card comes with an annual membership of US$695. You can earn 80,000 membership rewards points if you spend a minimum of US$8,000 in select purchases using your Platinum Card within the first 6 months.
Platinum card members can also enjoy a lot of other benefits including hotel upgrades, travel credits, reward points on flight bookings, digital entertainment credits, and concierge services. Thus, a Platinum card becomes an ideal choice from the perspective of travelers who fly frequently.
American Express Platinum Card Lounge Access List
Here is a list of some of the numerous lounges that can be accessed using an American Express Platinum Card:
- Aspire Lounges, Orlando International Airport, Terminal 2 and 4
- Aspire Lounge, San Diego International Airport, Terminal 2
- Club Aspire Lounge, London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 3
- Aspire Lounges, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Main Terminal
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club, San Diego International Airport, Terminal 2 West
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club, O’Hare International Airport, Terminal 5, Concourse M
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Terminal E
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club, Denver International Airport, Concourse A
- Lufthansa Business Lounge, Boston Logan Airport, Terminal E
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge, John F. Kennedy International Airport, Terminal 1
- Lufthansa Business Lounge, Dulles International Airport — Washington, D.C., Midfield Terminal
- Lufthansa Business Lounge, Newark Liberty International Airport, Terminal B
- The Club at ATL, Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport, International Terminal
- The Club BWI, Baltimore-Washington International, Concourse D
- The Club CLT, Charlotte — Charlotte Douglas International, Concourse B
American Express Gold Card Lounge Access
This card comes with an annual membership of US$250. This card offers complimentary access to more than 1300 lounges all over the world. You can also enjoy a complimentary Priority Pass membership.
You also get dining credits, uber cash, hotel credits, offers on shopping and entertainment, car rental insurance, and more.
Amex Gold Card members can also access American Express Lounges, provided they fly with specific airlines. You may explore the complete information on the website of American Express.
American Express Lounge Access List
American Express Lounges are situated in airports globally and are dedicated to enabling an utmost comfortable experience for all types of travelers.
You may visit the American Express website or refer to its mobile app to find the American Express Lounge nearest to your location. Thus, you can scan through a list of lounges. You will also get information on how to access a selected lounge based on the membership of your card and airline partnership status.
Some of the most popular Amex lounges are:
- Centurion Lounge, Phoenix Sky Harbour International Airport, Terminal 4
- Centurion Lounge, San Francisco Airport, Terminal 3
- Centurion Lounge, London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 3
- Centurion Lounge, Seattle Airport, Central Terminal
- Escape Lounge Fort Lauderdale Airport, Terminal 3
- Escape Lounge, Palm Beach Airport, Concourse B
- Escape Lounge, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport, Terminal 1, Concourse E
- Escape Lounge, Cincinnati International Airport, Main Terminal, Concourse B
- Delta Sky Club San Diego Lounge, Terminal 2
- Delta Sky Club Tampa Lounge, Airside E
- Delta Sky Club Seattle Lounge, Concourse A
- Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow Terminal 5
- Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow, Terminal 4
- Plaza Premium Lounge Orlando, Terminal C
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge JFK, Terminal 1
- Lufthansa Business Lounge JFK, Terminal 1
- Lufthansa Business Lounge Heathrow, Terminal 2
- Lufthansa Business Lounge Dubai Terminal 1
Benefits of American Express Lounge Access
Let’s explore the benefits that come along with an American Express Lounge Access membership:
- One of the major advantages that you enjoy is the comfortable and peaceful environment offered by airport lounges. You need not wait in an airport terminal full of boisterous ambiance, as you can spend a memorable time and relax in a modishly built lounge. Isn’t it a great way to start your business or leisure journey on a good note?
- You can enjoy complimentary food, snacks, beverages, and premium hard drinks. Moreover, with the availability of facilities like high-speed Wi-Fi connections, charging stations, printers, copiers, conference rooms, business centers, etc., you can simply proceed with attending your online meetings or having substantial discussions with your corporate team.
- American Express lounges are committed to offering you a high-end experience, and therefore, you can also avail of amenities like showers, spas etc. This enables you to stay refreshed and rejuvenated throughout your air journey.
- Many of the Amex lounges also include quiet areas for reading or working. You will even find kid-friendly areas for your children’s recreation. Nap rooms are also offered for travelers who need a quick sleep to get recharged.
Who Can Use American Express Lounges?
If you hold an eligible American Express card membership, you are permitted to use its lounges. This mainly includes Platinum and Gold cards. There may be other eligible cards as well that enable you to access lounges on a complimentary basis.
Apart from this, you may find that your flight bookings with certain airlines like Air Canada, Delta Air Lines, British Airways etc., also bring you the eligibility to access American Express Lounges, owing to their partnerships.
How to Access American Express Lounges?
There are several ways to gain access to Amex lounges. It depends on your card membership and airline partnership status.
- Platinum or Centurion cardholders can access American Express lounges without any charge. You need to show your eligible card and a valid same-day’s boarding pass to get into the lounge.
- Gold cardholders are also eligible to use an American Express lounge on a complimentary basis. However, there could be a condition that they must be traveling with a specific airline. So, such details can be checked and confirmed in advance for a hassle-free experience at the airport.
- You can also access an American Express Lounge even when you are an eligible American Express card holder but you do not have a Platinum or Gold card membership. But you need to pay a charge which varies as per the lounge location and card membership. Hence, you are advised to gather complete details beforehand.
American Express Centurion Lounge network
Centurion Lounge network is among the well-known networks available to Amex Platinum cardholders and others. These lavish and comfortable lounges are located in major airports across the United States, including New York, San Francisco, Miami, and Dallas. Cardholders can enjoy these exclusive lounges before catching their flights or after arriving at the airports.
Apart from all the amenities mentioned above, you can enjoy a range of premium amenities such as full-service bars, chef-inspired cuisine, spa services, and dedicated workspaces. You will find a variety of gourmet dining options, unlike the usual airport lounges that provide limited food options and readymade snacks. Right from a desired breakfast to heavy lunch to delectable dinner, you can enjoy delicacies to your heart’s content.
Whether it’s for business or leisure travel, these lounges stay committed to providing a world-class experience to travelers.
American Express Priority Pass Select Membership
American Express offers a Priority Pass Select membership to American Express Platinum and Centurion card holders. They can gain access to more than 1400 airport lounges across the globe.
The Priority Pass Select membership provides a range of amenities including comfortable seating, complimentary food and beverages, Wi-Fi access, and business facilities, thereby elevating the overall travel experience.
Priority Pass lounges are situated at almost all the major airports around the world. Thus, card holders can enjoy a comfortable and peaceful environment away from the noisy airport terminals. It is a great benefit if you keep flying often and like to enjoy your time before the departure of flight.
All in all, American Express Lounge Access memberships come as a savior for travelers who need a luxurious and comfortable space to relax before taking off to their destination. Complimentary food and drinks, charging stations, high-speed Wi-Fi, kids’ areas, and premium amenities like spas, showers etc.
Whether you fly frequently or not, you may be looking for a more comfortable way to spend time at the airport before boarding your flight. Thus, American Express lounge access is the ultimate solution for your requirements. Explore, gather insights, enrol in a suitable membership plan, and make your way to traveling in style.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Platinum Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express help you gain access to Amex lounges all across the world.
Platinum card members are eligible to gain access into lounges belonging to the global networks of American Express, which include lounges in the Centurion Network, Delta Sky Club lounges run by Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa Lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges, and Priority Pass Select lounges. You are recommended to read the defined terms and conditions for better understanding of the lounge access procedures. It may also be noted that lounge access may be denied if space is not available.
You can check and confirm the same by gathering information about your specific card membership through the website of American Express. You can also get in touch with their customer service department.
American Express Platinum card is available for an annual membership fee of US$695.
You can access American Express lounges only when you are a member of its eligible cards. However, you can bring or invite others as guests and by paying charges, if applicable.
American Express Platinum card members are allowed to bring two guests along with them. Nonetheless, in case of other Amex cards, it can vary as per the lounge location. You may check detailed information in advance on the website of American Express.
American Express Platinum and Business Platinum card members can enjoy complimentary access to Amex lounges on the day of their departure.
It is strongly recommended to carry your physical card with you. But you can also show your membership through the American Express mobile app. You will also need to show your same day’s boarding pass and a valid ID proof.
American Express card Platinum and Business Platinum memberships make you eligible to access Centurion Lounges, International American Express Lounges, Escape Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs by Delta Air Lines, Plaza Premium Lounges, Lufthansa Lounges, and Priority Pass Lounges, which are located at various airports across the world.